[SQACBM-L] FW: [Arcan-l] Pathfinder Journal — Seeking Reflections and Conference Reports

Nevins, Maureen Maureen.Nevins at bac-lac.gc.ca
Wed Apr 19 14:33:52 EDT 2023

-----Original Message-----
From: Arcan-l <arcan-l-bounces at mailman.srv.ualberta.ca> On Behalf Of Pathfinder Journal
Sent: April 19, 2023 12:37 PM
Subject: [Arcan-l] Pathfinder Journal — Seeking Reflections and Conference Reports

*Apologies for cross-posting!*

*Pathfinder: A Canadian Journal for Library Science Students and Early Career Professionals *is looking for original scholarship in the fields of library science, information studies and archives! In the next week, we will be featuring a few of our sections at a time to give folks a better sense of what we’re looking for. Today, we are sending out a call for manuscripts of interest on conference reports and reflections.

Are you a Canadian LIS or archival student, library tech student or early career professional (graduated within the last 3 years) who has a reflection, personal account, or narrative with a fresh perspective of LIS work? Have you recently attended an LIS conference that gave you new insights into the profession? Pathfinder would love to receive your submission <https://pathfinderjournal.ca/index.php/pathfinder/about/submissions>!

Reflections (1000-2000 words)

We publish reflections, personal accounts, and narratives that give readers a fresh perspective about the practice of LIS work. These submissions should explain and describe events, results, conflicts, complicating actions, and how practitioners responded. Authors should also evaluate the experience and explore its meaning for future practice. Both historical and contemporary narratives are encouraged.

Conference Reports (1000-2000 words)

We welcome brief reports that concisely summarize and synthesize main ideas, conclusions, and recommendations from significant LIS conferences and meetings. Authors are also invited to incorporate reflections on their attendance or participation in the conference, as well as its impact on their professional development and/or career progression.

Please note that we are also accepting submissions around original research, other scholarly papers (e.g., critical scholarship, position papers, case studies), literature reviews, book reviews, research posters, and teaching resources.

Important Dates

Submission Deadline for the 2022/2023 Issue: April 28, 2023

Author Notification: May 5, 2023

Final Papers Due: June 12, 2023

Full information about section policies and submission requirements can be found on our website <https://pathfinderjournal.ca/index.php/pathfinder/index>, and any questions can be addressed to pfjeditor at gmail.com.

Thank you very much!

*Arianna Alcaraz*
Editor-in-Chief, Pathfinder Journal