[SQACBM-L] Staffing announcement: Katie Lai

Houman Behzadi, Mr. houman.behzadi at mcgill.ca
Mon Oct 31 09:39:41 EDT 2022

Dear colleagues,

It is with great pleasure that I announce the appointment of Katie Lai (katie.lai at mcgill.ca<mailto:katie.lai at mcgill.ca>) as Liaison Librarian responsible for leading the instructional and information literacy program for the Marvin Duchow Music Library.

Katie was Assistant University Librarian at OCAD (2021-22) and Music Liaison Librarian at Hong Kong Baptist University (2006-21). She has also worked at the Gertrude Whitley Performance Library (2003-2006), serving the large ensembles of the Schulich School of Music. Katie holds a Juris Doctor degree from the Chinese University of Hong Kong, and a Master of Music as well as a Master of Library and Information Studies from McGill. She has published in many important journals of music librarianship, including Notes, Music Reference Services Quarterly, and Fontes Artis Musicae.

Please join me in congratulating and welcoming Katie to her new role, and to our communities of practice!

Warm regards,

Houman Behzadi
Head Librarian, Marvin Duchow Music Library<https://www.mcgill.ca/library/branches/music>

Elizabeth Wirth Music Building, McGill University
527 Sherbrooke St. W, A-319, Montreal, QC, H3A 1E3
Telephone: 514-398-4694

[/var/folders/lq/76c1vy997ws_zrr96ctz8q4w0000gn/T/com.microsoft.Outlook/WebArchiveCopyPasteTempFiles/small-icon-fb.png]<http://www.facebook.com/mcgillmusiclibrary>   [Instagram] <https://www.instagram.com/mcgillmusiclibrary/>    [/var/folders/lq/76c1vy997ws_zrr96ctz8q4w0000gn/T/com.microsoft.Outlook/WebArchiveCopyPasteTempFiles/small-icon-rss.png] <http://blogs.library.mcgill.ca/music-flipside/>