[SQACBM-L] FW: Important update regarding Congress 2020 | Mise à jour importante sur le Congrès 2020

Houman Behzadi, Mr. houman.behzadi at mcgill.ca
Thu Mar 19 17:02:10 EDT 2020

Dear CAML members, chères et chers members de l’ACBM,

I am writing in response to the Federation’s announcement regarding the cancellation of the in-person Congress in London, Ontario.

First, in acknowledging these challenging times, I hope that you and your loved ones are safe and healthy. Nous vivons présentement une situation exceptionnelle qui oblige à revoir la majorité de nos engagements personnels et professionnels.

Second, I would like to mention that the CAML Board will convene as soon as possible to discuss the Association’s response. We take the Federation’s strategic maneuver seriously and will weigh the pros and cons of holding an online meeting. Having attended a Congress COVID-19 information session yesterday, I can share that I was impressed by the Federation’s contingency plan and commitment to maintain a impactful forum for scholarly communications. Je suis aussi impressionné par la plateforme numérique suggérée qui permettra une réunion virtuelle afin de préserver l’essentiel de nos rencontres annuelles.

I will inform you of the Board’s decision in the upcoming days. In the meantime, I invite you to contact me with any questions and/or concerns you might have regarding the cancellation of the in-person meeting, or a potential move to an online meeting. I will bring those to the Board’s attention.

Merci de votre soutien.

Sincerely,

Houman Behzadi
Head Librarian, Marvin Duchow Music Library<https://www.mcgill.ca/library/branches/music>, McGill University
President, Canadian Association of Music Libraries, Archives and Documentation Centres

Elizabeth Wirth Music Building
527 Sherbrooke St. W, A-319
Montreal, QC, H3A 1E3
Telephone: 514-398-4694

[/Users/hbehza3/Library/Containers/com.microsoft.Outlook/Data/Library/Caches/Signatures/signature_1105709288]